Friday, May 13, 2011

Indian Hair Cut












We broke a 10 year old heat record here in Delhi the other day. And my mop on top was only making matters worse, so I decided to go for a hair cut. They have such nice hair here, I figured they must have good barber shops (actually they do have them all over). The hair cut is fine, but the experience was the best part. The barber shop was just down the street and looked like any barber shop I've been to. Then the guy started cutting my hair and I've never seen scissors fly so fast. He cut, shaved my sides with a razor and gave me a head massage in 15 minutes, while he was watching TV. And it only cost me 50 rupees ($1). Of course I doubled it just because the experience was so fun. As I was getting my head massaged, I was wishing he hadn't cut it so short so I could come back tomorrow. I wonder how much they charge for a regular massage...

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Nice do Carl! That does sound like quite an experience! Good luck with the heat. Does your place have AC??

Courtney said...

I told CJ that you got your haircut like him, and he liked it. It looks great. I am jealous of that haircutting experience. Sounds awesome!