Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lunchtime and the Workplace

This is the entrance to our workplace. You go down the stairs into a basement. Pretty simple setup, located underneath someone's home, like most small companies here.
This is our attempt to follow what our project management teacher taught us (define everything, identify constraints, schedule your to do list). Except now they don't want us working in the room with the white board (also, the only room with a/c).
We decided to go to the grocery store for lunch today (side note: I should start a whole separate blog dedicated to my food experiences here in India). The Masala chips were tasty if you like Indian flavored chips. The mango jam was amazing and the yogurt was more of a drink than anything. The grocery store never has change for us, and they try to turn it into an awkward situation every time, but we stand firm and then he just ends up giving us more food. Today, Moriah didn't have any change, so he just moved on to mine, then when he got done, he totaled up our change and gave her all of it and told me to get it from her. I thought that was pretty clever. We've been eating at a restaurant down the street that is really tasty. My favorite dishes so far are butter chicken, korma chicken and chicken afghani (I know, none of it very spicy, but it was scrumptious).
Breakfast comes with the hotel, and you get to order every morning. This is typically what I get: fried eggs, roti (flatbread), and curd (I don't eat the curd).

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I am glad you are adjusting. I think that food would make me go on a diet. :) what a neat culture though. It would be cool to see that part of the world. Take lots of pics for us!

brookeisacrazylady said...

the food sounds great. how are courtney and I related? sheesh girl! i'm so jealous!